Data Protection and Privacy
We are well placed to advise US multinationals and service providers attached to US multinationals on the implications of the abolition of Safe Harbour Agreements by the Court of Justice of the European Union and the new GDPR.
Data Protection is an area experiencing unprecedented growth and our clients are currently seeking extensive advices in this area.
We routinely advise employers on data subject requests and complaints to the Data Protection Commissioner.
We have steered many clients through complex data protection inspections and investigations.
Our specific experience in the data protection field includes the following:
- Advices to an insurance company in respect of the use of private investigators taking into account a recent ruling of the Data Protection Commissioner which provides that it is an offence to obtain access to personal data without prior authority of the Data Controller or the Data Processor by whom the data is kept and to subsequently disclose this data to another person.
- Safe Harbour advices
- A review of data protection policies on the ground in an employer’s organisation to assess the clauses and terms appropriate to a data protection policy.
- Assessment of occupational health policy and personnel file policies.
- Representation during and advices on data protection complaints made by employees.
- Data protection audit process advice, where clients are investigated by the Data Protection Commissioner.
- Experience in data protection, privacy, defamation and reputational damage litigation before the Circuit, High and Supreme Courts.
“We are occupational health providers and provide medical services to many American owned multinationals. We often require urgent advice in relation to data protection matters as well as advices on the thorny areas of consent and confidentiality matters. Having used many lawyers over the years, we would look no further than Crowley Solicitors for legal support when we need it.”
Medical Director, Munster based Occupational Health Group
- General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) – Designating a Data Protection Officer (DPO): Key Considerations
- High Risk Medical Data: GDPR for the Healthcare Sector
- Why GDPR is relevant to your business?
- Dismissal of Employee on Long Term Sick Leave
- Workplace Bullying and Harassment in Ireland in 2017
- The use of private investigators in an employment context
- Love at Work in the Digital Age
- Workplace Relations Commission Inspections – Is your business inspection fit?
- Toolkit: How to deal with workplace absences
- Hot Topic: Grievance Raised During Investigation or Disciplinary Proceedings: Key Considerations