Employment & Benefits
We approach employment and related tax issues with a view to securing commercially desirable outcomes for our clients, be they employers or employees, and we deliver our advice promptly and with clarity.
Our areas of expertise in the employment area are broad and varied. A sample of our recent experience includes the following:
- Advising on all aspects of the employment relationship from its commencement right through to termination
- Representing clients before Courts, Tribunals and the WRC in discrimination claims, unfair dismissal cases, breach of contract actions, injunction proceedings and prosecutions
- Drafting of employment contracts, policies and procedures in light of recent significant legislative changes
- Industrial Relations
- Employment and pension issues in business sales, group reorganisations, review of contracts, policies and procedures, insolvencies and outsourcings.
- Advising on all aspects of agency and recruitment law
- Highly sought after bespoke employment law training sessions for HR and operations personnel
- Corporate Immigration
We have successfully represented clients in a number of Workplace Relations Commission, Employment Appeals Tribunal, Labour Court, Circuit Court, High Court and Supreme Court cases in which the judgments handed down have clarified key points of Irish law.
- Successfully defended an out of hours medical service in cases involving multiple payment of wages, working time and redundancy issues.
- Advised and defended an aviation company in multiple redundancy, stress, bullying and harassment Circuit and High Court proceedings.
- Defended unionised ground handling company in industrial relations dispute in the Labour Court on restructuring issues.
- Advised employee in benchmark winning case in 2015 involving equality and parental leave issues.
- Defended leading construction group in Commercial Court proceedings
- Brought injunction on behalf of directors in a leading energy company which was successfully resolved.
- Recently defended a US multinational in Circuit Court employment proceedings.
Strong track record in securing results through alternative dispute resolution involving partnerships, equality and employment disputes.
“Responsive, commercial and on top of their game, we use Crowley Solicitors for all of our employment advices across our sites in Ireland”.
HR Director, Multinational Technology Company with multiple Irish sites
- General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) – Designating a Data Protection Officer (DPO): Key Considerations
- High Risk Medical Data: GDPR for the Healthcare Sector
- Why GDPR is relevant to your business?
- Dismissal of Employee on Long Term Sick Leave
- Workplace Bullying and Harassment in Ireland in 2017
- The use of private investigators in an employment context
- Love at Work in the Digital Age
- Workplace Relations Commission Inspections – Is your business inspection fit?
- Toolkit: How to deal with workplace absences
- Hot Topic: Grievance Raised During Investigation or Disciplinary Proceedings: Key Considerations