Health and Safety Law
Our offices provide a full spectrum of legal services in the health and safety area stretching from issues concerning stress at work, bullying and harassment, sexual harassment right through to accidents and injuries at work. We have a particular interest and expertise in drug and alcohol testing at work and have worked with many leading safety critical Irish companies in developing their drug and alcohol testing policies, focusing on their consent terms and dealing with unions in securing agreement to roll out drug and alcohol testing.
We work closely with our clients’ health and safety advisors as well as their occupational health teams to ensure that the legal aspects of health and safety comply and dovetail clearly and consistently with best practice in health and safety and occupational health.
We frequently advise employers in relation to drug and alcohol testing, accidents in work and injuries sustained by employees (both physical and psychological) and how best to manage these situations.
We work closely with HR and health and safety officers within companies to advise on best practice in the workplace and to provide advice and support on an ongoing basis.
- General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) – Designating a Data Protection Officer (DPO): Key Considerations
- High Risk Medical Data: GDPR for the Healthcare Sector
- Why GDPR is relevant to your business?
- Dismissal of Employee on Long Term Sick Leave
- Workplace Bullying and Harassment in Ireland in 2017
- The use of private investigators in an employment context
- Love at Work in the Digital Age
- Workplace Relations Commission Inspections – Is your business inspection fit?
- Toolkit: How to deal with workplace absences
- Hot Topic: Grievance Raised During Investigation or Disciplinary Proceedings: Key Considerations