Litigation and Dispute Resolution
Our litigation and dispute resolution track record solidifies our reputation as a legal service provider focused on delivering results that are commercially relevant and appropriate for our clients. As qualified mediators, we seek to ensure that our clients exhaust negotiated results where possible in advance of embarking or defending a litigation process. Where this is not possible, we robustly defend cases to full hearing stage and have been involved in some exciting and interesting recent developments in Irish law.
Our key practice areas are:
- Employment Related Litigation Disputes
- Confidentiality Disputes, restraint of trade, non solicitation and all termination of employment disputes
- Wrongful Dismissal
- Unfair Dismissal
- Equality Discrimination
- Payment of wages, contractual and policy disputes
- Enforcement Proceedings
- Consultancy expert input into employment cases on behalf of other solicitors firms.
- Together with our colleagues in JW O’Donovan Solicitors, as a full service law firm, we are able to draw on the expertise of our colleagues in tax, corporate and competition and regulation as well as industry sector specialists to create a multi disciplinary team to support you to achieve the best outcome. We pride ourselves on delivering innovative solutions for clients.
We have experience in a range of employment, equality and industrial relations related litigation. We have represented employers before the Rights Commissioner Service, the Equality Tribunal the Employment Appeals Tribunal,(now the Adjudication Officers of the Workplace Relations Commission), the Labour Court, the District, Circuit, High and Supreme Courts.
- The use of private investigators in an employment context
- Love at Work in the Digital Age
- Workplace Relations Commission Inspections – Is your business inspection fit?
- Toolkit: How to deal with workplace absences
- Hot Topic: Grievance Raised During Investigation or Disciplinary Proceedings: Key Considerations
- Suspension of an Employee Pending an Investigation
- Workplace Relations Act 2015 – Key Points to Note
- Dismissal for Incapacity
- Recent Legal Developments in Relation to Agency Workers
- June 2015: Highest ever Employment Appeals Tribunal award of €1.25 million to former Insurance Company CEO