Energy and Natural Resources
This sector is experiencing rapid regulatory changes, driven primarily by EU energy package requirements. Our clients are driven to seek new indigenous resources reserves and to manage their people in an innovative and flexible way. We are well placed to advise on the sector specific, as well as generally applicable, employment, equality and industrial relations issues that arise in this sector.
In the highly regulated energy sector, we assist employers to focus on what they do best by taking care of their people management issues for them. We have significant experience in advising on complex investigations, disciplinary and appeal processes in this sector and also in defending unfair dismissals proceedings and any Circuit or High Court proceedings that may arise.
We advise employers on compliance matters arising when at the receiving end of a data subject access request and represent employers during investigations and inspections from the Data Protection Commissioner’s office.
We routinely review contracts, policies and procedures for clients in this sector to ensure best practice compliance and to seek to minimise insofar as possible, any statutory penalties for poor or non compliance arising.
“From the drafting of contracts of employment, policies and procedures through to the delivery of client specific training, Crowley Solicitors support the energy and natural resources sector to deliver excellence in the area of their people management. If and when disputes arise, Crowley Solicitors have a track record of robustly defending employers to demonstrate a clear investment in HR practices. Crowley Solicitors are particularly proud to defend employers who have engaged their services right through from the contract drafting and policy delivery and training stage through to defence of employment, equality, industrial relations or mediation disputes that arise.
Employment Litigation is something we never invite, but when it happens, we lift the phone to Deirdre Crowley. Deirdre looks after us, is easy to do business with and delivers, each time.”
Operations Manager, Energy Utility Company, Cork Airport
- The use of private investigators in an employment context
- Love at Work in the Digital Age
- Workplace Relations Commission Inspections – Is your business inspection fit?
- Toolkit: How to deal with workplace absences
- Hot Topic: Grievance Raised During Investigation or Disciplinary Proceedings: Key Considerations
- Suspension of an Employee Pending an Investigation
- Workplace Relations Act 2015 – Key Points to Note
- Dismissal for Incapacity
- Recent Legal Developments in Relation to Agency Workers
- June 2015: Highest ever Employment Appeals Tribunal award of €1.25 million to former Insurance Company CEO