Hospitals and Healthcare
We have a strong track record of representing employers in the healthcare sector. Clients include hospitals, out of hours general practice co-ops, general practices, occupational health practices, consultants (individual and groups of consultants) as well as nursing homes and private home care providers. Specific experience in this sector includes:
- Representation before Rights Commissioners, the EAT, Labour Court and Equality Tribunal (now Adjudication Officers of the Workplace Relations Commission) in relation to contentious employments rights based and industrial relations issues
- Partnership disputes - broad experience from arbitration and mediation through to litigated partnership disputes
- Advice in relation to equal pay and retirement issues in the medical context
- Advice in relation to changes to consultant’s contracts and the implications, where relevant of various government collective agreements such as the Haddington Road Agreement
- The management of sensitive employee termination cases from senior to junior levels
- Advices on medical consent, data protection obligations and where relevant, freedom of information issues
- Compliance and Codes of Conduct
- Severance and Settlement Negotiations and Agreements
We have successfully defended an action involving an out of hours care services provider in respect of a payment of wages and business reorganisation case. We have a wide range of experience in the healthcare sector to include advising on contractual and pay related issues and employee management issues.
We are frequently involved in the drafting of contracts, policies and procedures for employers in this sector to ensure that the employment documentation is tailored to the particular business/organisation.
“Responsive, commercial and on top of their game, we use Crowley Solicitors for all of our employment advices across our sites in Ireland.”
CEO, A Leading Private Hospital Group
- General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) – Designating a Data Protection Officer (DPO): Key Considerations
- High Risk Medical Data: GDPR for the Healthcare Sector
- Why GDPR is relevant to your business?
- Dismissal of Employee on Long Term Sick Leave
- Workplace Bullying and Harassment in Ireland in 2017
- The use of private investigators in an employment context
- Love at Work in the Digital Age
- Workplace Relations Commission Inspections – Is your business inspection fit?
- Toolkit: How to deal with workplace absences
- Hot Topic: Grievance Raised During Investigation or Disciplinary Proceedings: Key Considerations