We provide legal services to many specialist recruitment consultancies. This industry is particularly in tune with the requirement for high level employment law compliance and has contributed to the law in relation to the appropriate use of restraint of trade clauses, non solicitation clauses and the development of agency workers legislation in Ireland. As a sector specifically tasked with productive and lean people management, we support this goal by ensuring the availability and expertise of experienced legal advisers.
We understand that our employment and recruitment agency clients need to focus on candidates and their own internal culture to create a productive work environment. We row in and assist our HR professional clients in managing challenging employment, equality and industrial relations issues. We aim to offer a commercially focused and clearly managed journey through these challenging situations. We share our client’s strong preference culturally for crisis prevention rather that crisis management.
Through frequent know-how updates, round tables, articles, lecturing and conference speaking, we help our recruitment agency clients to stay on top of this fast changing and highly complex legal area.
We share our recruitment clients’ culture by managing employment issues from a crisis prevention rather than a crisis management point of view where possible. Where litigation is unavoidable, we have recently acted for recruitment agencies in handling urgent and commercially sensitive High Court litigation in relation to restraint of trade, bullying and harassment, stress, psychological injury and emotional distress issues. We have also represented agencies before the Labour Court in respect of cases taken under the Protection of Employees (Temporary Agency Workers) Act 2012.
- Dismissal of Employee on Long Term Sick Leave
- Workplace Bullying and Harassment in Ireland in 2017
- The use of private investigators in an employment context
- Love at Work in the Digital Age
- Workplace Relations Commission Inspections – Is your business inspection fit?
- Toolkit: How to deal with workplace absences
- Hot Topic: Grievance Raised During Investigation or Disciplinary Proceedings: Key Considerations
- Suspension of an Employee Pending an Investigation
- Workplace Relations Act 2015 – Key Points to Note
- Dismissal for Incapacity