Retail and Leisure
We advise clothing retail, grocery store retail, golf clubs, hotels, boutique guest houses and shopping centre management companies on employment, equality, industrial relations, mediation and litigation matters. We have particular experience in advising on collective issues and collective bargaining in the retail and leisure sectors.
Recent hot topics in the area to include legal implications for the retail and leisure industry arising from the Industrial Relations (Amendment) Act 2015 are included in our area of expertise. This sector is particularly interested in and concerned about the proposed reintroduction of registered employment agreements (REAs), a new statutory framework for establishing minimum rates of remuneration and conditions of employment.
We have experience in advising large multinational retailers in respect of their employment and HR needs. We regularly advise on issues in this sector such as TUPE, industrial relations and contractual issues.
We are currently advising employers in this sector on the reform of the law in respect of an employee’s right to engage in collective bargaining. We distill these complex legal changes into plain language and analyse what the new legislation means for employers and their relations with trade unions within the retail and leisure and other sectors.
- General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) – Designating a Data Protection Officer (DPO): Key Considerations
- High Risk Medical Data: GDPR for the Healthcare Sector
- Why GDPR is relevant to your business?
- Dismissal of Employee on Long Term Sick Leave
- Workplace Bullying and Harassment in Ireland in 2017
- The use of private investigators in an employment context
- Love at Work in the Digital Age
- Workplace Relations Commission Inspections – Is your business inspection fit?
- Toolkit: How to deal with workplace absences
- Hot Topic: Grievance Raised During Investigation or Disciplinary Proceedings: Key Considerations